I am constantly trying to eat more healthy. And for someone that gets easily distracted and usually does not have the time, energy or heart to cook complete meals for only myself it stays a challenge. (Hopefully when I marry this will change and the housewife in me will get more attention! hehe) So, to keep my tummy full at work I buy nuts and fruits on a regular basis. But things does not always go to plan! A week ago I forgot about a whole batch of bananas in my fridge while running around entertaining foreign visitors at work. Feeling too bad to throw the bananas in the bin and not in the mood for banana bread (although will always be one of my favorites!) I looked to the internet for rescuing.
I found an awesome recipe on Bionic Bites and gave it a try. I mixed it up a bit by increasing the number of bananas used (I had to get rid of them all!), swapping the raisins for cranberries and leaving out the butter.
4 large overripe bananas
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon brown sugar
pinch of salt
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 200 °C and spray a pan with Spray-and-Cook.
2. Mash the bananas and mix in the oats, cinnamon, sugar, salt, walnuts and cranberries.
3. Drop tablespoons of banana-oatmeal mixture on the pan.
4. Bake 45 minutes, rotating your oven pan midway.
5. Let the bites cool on a drying rack and enjoy! Be careful not to get addicted!