Receiving my LYRA Groove pencils with my Secret Paris colouring book for Christmas inspired me to make my very own pencil case. Using an awesome tutorial on Pinterest and some materials I had on hand I created this China Blue inspired pouch. It was super easy and only took me about 30 minutes to make. Enjoy making your own – just in time for the new school year!
1. Cut a 23 cm by 20 cm piece of heavy fabric.
2. With right sides together, pin a 25 cm zip face down onto the long side of your piece of fabric. Sew the zip with matching thread to the fabric.
3. Fold the rectangle in half, right sides together, so the other side of the zip lines up with the other long rectangle edge and pin and sew the zip in place.
4. Top stitch the seams and turn everything inside out.
5. Tuck the ends into themselves and pin in place. Make sure the zip is open – you will struggle to open the pouch later if it’s not!
6. Clip both ends of the zip neatly off and turn the pouch right side out. Voila!