These bath bombs are the perfect last minute gifts!
They are so quick and easy to make and you can buy all the ingredients at the local grocery store! Ok, so I have to admit when I first read the recipe for these bath bombs I couldn’t believe that all these ingredients could make up something that would fizz in the bath. Also I made a bit of a mistake – what are DIY’s without learning some skills along the way!
So I have these two plastic mould ice trays, one that looks like cherries and the other like little apples. I thought these should look great when the bath bombs are shaped in these fruits at the end. But apparently not 😐 – do not try a shape that has too many little parts. The Apples worked great and they came out nicely! But only because the shape was plain and simple! The way to go!
So how to make these bath bombs:
- Combine 1 cup Bicarbonate of soda and 1/2 cup cream of tartar in a mixing bowl. (This causes the fizzing)
- Add 1/2 cup Epsom salts to condition the bathwater.
- Stir this all together and make sure that there are no lumps in the mix (believe me – do this!)
- Add 2 tablespoons canola / olive oil to the mixture.
- To get your bath to smell amazing – add some essential oils. I added Eucalyptus and Jojoba oil (20-30 drops)
- If you want to add some color – add a few drops of food colouring.
- After mixing it all together fill the trays with the mixture, pressing the mix very tightly into the moulds.
- With a water misting bottle, mist the tray on top with water lightly so that it can harden.
- Let the tray dry in the sun, carefully press out the shapes and spray on the other side as well.
There you go! Although I had to learn some lessons you don’t need to!