The Pure Cotton Shop sells pure organic bed linen. Their products are absolutely luxurious and the simple designs speak of sophistication. The bedding is timeless. You will love it still after many years. The throws are my absolute favourite - soft to the touch and the richest colours. Perfect for any room in the house!
The mastermind behind the brand is Marietjie Fouche. We met up with her, had chats about life, building a business and living creatively. We did a mini styled shoot in her beautiful home on the beach in Melkbosstrand and fell in love with her products all over again.
See the interview she kindly granted us below, with some of the snaps taken during the photo shoot. Enjoy!
1. Please tell us a bit more about yourself is and how it all started with The Pure Cotton Shop?
2. Tell us more about your first range of products you brought out and how it evolved into the luxury brand you currently offer.
3. Why should people invest in your products?
4. Please share with us the impact that chemicals sprayed on cotton fields has on the environment.
5. Where do you find your inspiration for new products?
I find my inspiration from all the beautiful shapes and colours in nature. I am privileged to live near the beach and every day the colour of the water is a different shade of blue.. light blue, bright blue, faded blue, stormy blue..the bright red of a red pepper, the different shades of greens of leaves. There is just no end to the creativity and colours we find in nature.